Coronavirus vaccination news available in the "coronavirus" link on the left
We have been advised that second doses of the coronavirus vaccination will be done at 11 weeks after the first as opposed to 12 weeks. We will be in touch nearer the time
Welcome to The Orchard Surgery
Important Information for Patients
We are aware that our phone lines can be extremely busy at the moment. We have introduced DoctorLink as an online method for patients to request prescriptions, and to submit queries to the doctor. Please click the link on the left and consider registering.
You will be able to complete a questionnaire which may help with healthcare questions.
You should use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/ if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms are not better after 7 days
Changes to how we work
- We will not be doing the Walk-In clinics in the mornings, please call the surgery or submit a DoctorLink enquiry if necessary.
- If you have an appointment booked we will ask you by text or telephone if you have symptoms and advise you if your appointment will be changed to a telephone one.
- To protect patients who may be at greater risk, we are only allowing patients with pre-booked appointments into the building, so if you come to the surgery please ring the bell and we will come and speak to you.
- If you have an appointment, we will take your temperature before you are allowed in the building.
- Please do not ask for extra medication, we will continue to supply one month at time when you order your repeats
We will update this website with further information as it becomes available. There is a very good source of information regarding coronavirus at www.gov.uk/coronavirus and at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ including advice if you are at higher risk from the virus.
Thank you for your co-operation
Dr Rita Codlin